LowCarb Blueberry Muffins
- 3 extra large organic eggs
- 1/4 cup = 60 ml organic heavy cream OR organic coconut milk
- 1/3 cup = 80 ml = 70 g erythritol crystals
- 5 tablespoons = 75 ml = 37 g organic coconut flour
- 1/2 cup = 120 ml frozen organic blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream and erythritol until well mixed.
- Add the coconut flour to the egg mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Wait for 5 minutes until the batter is thick.
- Add the frozen blueberries and mix well.
- Immediately scoop the batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes, or until a stick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out almost dry.
- Let cool and serve.
|Nutrition information||Protein||Fat||Net carbs||kcal|
|The whole batch:||33.6 g||47.1 g||15.8 g||630 kcal|
|Per muffin if 6 muffins in a batch:||5.6 g||7.9 g||2.6 g||105 kcal|
|Per muffin if 16 muffins in a batch:||2.1 g||2.9 g||1.0 g||39 kcal|
HIGH PROTEIN GLUTEN-FREE CINNAMON SWIRL MUFFINS
- 1 Cup Cauliflower (cooked & cooled)
- ¾ Cup Vanilla Protein Powder
- ½ Cup PB2 (or other powdered peanut butter)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 Tsp Stevia (granules)
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Blend together cauliflower, protein, peanut butter powder, eggs, coconut oil, 3 tsp stevia, baking powder. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, melt ghee. Stir in cinnamon and remaining 1 tsp stevia.
- Pour main mix evenly into muffin trays. Add ½ tsp of cinnamon mix to each and stir with a toothpick for “swirls”.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until slightly golden brown and cooked through.
Calories 98, Carbs 3.5g, Protein 9.3g, Fat 5.9g
Flourless Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 1 very ripe medium/large banana
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded and squeezed of excess liquid
- ¼ cup chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place all ingredients except zucchini and chocolate chips in a blender or food processor. Blend until the batter is smooth.
- Stir in zucchini and 1/4 cups chocolate chips.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray and pour each muffin tin about 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for at least 30 minutes or until the tops are set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Overnight Steel-Cut Oats with Almond Butter and Honey
Yield: Serves 2-3
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup steel-cut oatmeal
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2-3 tablespoons flavorful honey
- In a 4-cup glass measuring jug, stir together water, milk, steel-cut oatmeal and salt. Place in a large slow-cooker, add enough cold water to come halfway up the side of the jug (less is fine, because there’s so little evaporation with a slow-cooker), switch on “low” and go to bed.
- In the morning, stir in the almond butter and honey. There will be a tablespoon’s worth of grain clumped together at the bottom of the glass jug; it is fully cooked though and needs only to be mixed in. Serve
Crockpot Breakfast Burritos
Adapted from Cooking Light Slow Cooker
Place the following in a crockpot, give it all a stir, and set the pot on low. Cook for 4-5 hours.
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 10oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles, don’t drain
- 1 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cups frozen corn, no need to thaw
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
When the filling is done, scramble however many eggs you intend to eat, and spread some of the filling on an flour tortilla along with the eggs. Garnish with any or all of the following:
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh cilantro