CrockPot Stuffed Peppers
- Enough peppers to fit your crockpot
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup already-cooked rice
- 1 can flavored tomatoes (Fire Roasted, Italian) If you don’t have flavored, add 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef and rice with all the stuff (except for the water and the peppers)
- Wash and clean out the peppers. Save the tops.
- Stuff each pepper with a good amount of the ground beef and rice mixture
- Nestle the peppers into your crock and put the little pepper tops back on.
- Pour in 1/3 cup of water around the bases of the peppers
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. I cooked these for exactly 8.
Peppers will have a roasted flavor and the meat should cook nicely without a hint of grease.
California Steak Salad with Chimichurri Dressing
Prep time 5 mins Cook time 20 mins Total time 25 mins
Recipe type: Gluten Free, Beef, Salad, Paleo
Yield: Serves: 4
- 25lb flank steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to season
- 8 oz. fresh arugula
- 1 red onion, sliced into 1″ rings (keep them together you’re going to grill them)
- asparagus, trimmed
- 1 pint of assorted cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Season asparagus and onion rings with olive oil and salt.
- Place asparagus and onion rings on grill. Grill the asparagus for 4-5 minutes and remove. Grill the onion rings for 4-5 minutes per side until char marks appear. Remove and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive to flank steak, rub into both side. Season both sides with salt & pepper.
- Place flank steak on the grill. Grill each side for 3-5 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. (make sure you slice it against the grain)
- While the steak is resting add the following to a small food processor: a garlic clove, fresh cilantro, red wine vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper. Blend until smooth and looks like a dressing.
- Assemble the salad, add fresh arugula, grilled red onion slices, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado, and sliced flank steak to a large serving platter. Serve with Chimichurri Dressing on the side! Garnish with a lime.
Serving size: 2 cups + dressing Calories: 452 Fat: 32 g Carbohydrates: 16 g Sugar: 6 g Sodium: 345 mg Fiber: 8 g Protein: 36 g Cholesterol: 94 mg