Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk (or your milk of choice)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Optional: your choice of toppings (fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper or paper/foil muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, and brown sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add the applesauce, milk, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk until well combined. Stir in the oats and baking powder.
- Fill the muffin tin with 1/4 cup of the oat mixture in each muffin cup. Add your favorite toppings. Push the toppings down into the oat mixture with a spoon.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let them cool for 5 minutes before eating. Store in an airtight container or freeze in a zip top storage bag.
Nutrition Facts (1 muffin without additional toppings):
Calories: 170, Carbohydrates: 28.2g, Protein: 3.5g, Fat: 5.3g
Recipe from: Finks A. To-go baked oatmeal with favorite toppings. The Wholesome Dish. https://www.thewholesomedish.com/go-baked-oatmeal-favorite-toppings/?epik=0Sm8pE_IWH3lz. Published March 24, 2014. Accessed April 12, 2018.