Instant pot Turkey Chili
Author: Celiac Disease Foundation
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 can tomatoes, crushed (28 oz)
- 1 can kidney beans, drained, rinsed and mashed (16 oz)
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder, ground
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Can serve with Blue Diamond Smokehouse nut thins
- Heat the oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add turkey; cook until evenly brown.
- Stir in onion; cook until tender.
- Add water, tomatoes, kidney beans, garlic, chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a bowl.
- Reduce heat to low; cover; simmer 30 minutes.
- Serve with nut thins.
Mom's One Pan Taco Skillet
Author: Kroll's Korner
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 8 people
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups southwest salsa hot - or salsa of your choice
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 5-10 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 15 oz can low sodium kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 10 3/4 oz can low sodium tomato soup
- 1 1 oz (28 gm) packet taco seasoning
1/2 cup shredded cheese for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground turkey with olive oil, diced onion and garlic until the meat is no longer pink. Drain out any liquid leftover in the pan.
- Add in the taco seasoning, salsa, tomato soup, and kidney beans. Mix together and bring to a boil, then let it simmer down for about 5-10 minutes.
- Cut tortillas into strips. Right before serving mix in tortilla strips and top with cheese.