Did you eat ants on a log ask a kid? Well as an adult, it is STILL a nutritious snack that is easy to prep ahead of time for those days you need a quick and easy snack! Spruce up your celery with your favorite nut butter or hummus. Check out the recipe for plenty of ways to spruce up your celery!
Wash the celery sticks and cut each stick in half.
Add peanut butter into the concave part of each celery stick and spread.
Push raisins into the peanut butter to represent *ants*.
Alternative to celery include:
2. Cucumber (slice in half, length ways and scrape out seeds)
3. Banana (slice in half, length ways)
4. Apple (cut into wedges)
5. Pear (cut into wedges)
6. Peach / Nectarine (cut into wedges)
Alternatives to peanut butter include:
1. Any nut butter
2. Cream cheese
3. Cottage cheese
5. Mashed avocado/guacamole
6. Greek yogurt
7. Other dips/spreads: beet root dip, carrot hummus, bean dip, tzatziki, etc.
Alternatives to raisins include:
1. Other dried fruit (apricot, dates, figs, pineapple, etc.) cut into raisin-sized pieces
5. Cherry tomatoes