Ants on a Log
Author: Healthy Little Foodies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 logs
- 3 celery sticks
- 1/4 cup natural or powdered peanut butter
- Small handful of raisins
- Wash the celery sticks and cut each stick in half.
- Add peanut butter into the concave part of each celery stick and spread.
- Push raisins into the peanut butter to represent *ants*.
- Alternative to celery include:
- Cucumber (slice in half, length ways and scrape out seeds)
- Banana (slice in half, length ways)
- Apple (cut into wedges)
- Pear (cut into wedges)
- Peach / Nectarine (cut into wedges)
- Alternatives to peanut butter include:
- Any nut butter
- Cream cheese
- Cottage cheese
- Mashed avocado/guacamole
- Greek yogurt
- Other dips/spreads: beet root dip, carrot hummus, bean dip, tzatziki, etc.
- Alternatives to raisins include:
- Other dried fruit (apricot, dates, figs, pineapple, etc.) cut into raisin-sized pieces
- Cherry tomatoes
High Protein Cheerio Trail Mix
Author: Kroll's Korner
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 5 cups
- 1/3 cup cranberries, dried
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup natural nut butter of your choice
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 3 cups Cheerios plain or honey nut
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted
- In a large bowl, mix cranberries, golden raisins, cashews, Cheerios, pepitas and walnuts together.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt the nut butter, honey, and butter together. Pour over Cheerio mixture and stir to combine.
- Store in the refrigerator for 2 hours before consuming.
Store in refrigerator to help prevent mixture become melted.